Friday, February 10, 2006

Really Bad Music

Last night, at FUBAR with my friend Allen, the DJ was playing some old Smiths songs. Wow, I really like the Smiths. I decided to track down some of their CDs for my drive to work this morning. Unfortunately, when I moved I only unpacked about one-third of all my CDs. The Smiths albums are apparently packed away in our storage. I'll get them later.

Image hosting by Photobucket

While scanning my unpacked CDs, I realized how bad my taste in music can be. I grabbed one album that stood out and have been listening to it all morning: Savage Garden's Affirmation.

This isn't the one with that really cool "Chicken Cherry Cola" song. But it’s fantastically horrible and delicious none the less. It dawned on me that music is more about experiences, I guess like most art. I really like this album because it came out -- and I picked it up -- during my senior year of college. I can't help but tie these horrible synthesized tunes with one of the best times in my life.

What are you listening to?

No comments: