Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Being a Jackass is Hard Work

I was at a party last night and the Olympics were on. Some French ice skaters was "competing" and he fell... TWICE! Oh boy. That's the best. I love it when they fall. I love it because, really, ice skating is such a pompous sport. Look at their faces when they skate.

Image hosting by Photobucket Except, I got caught smiling when he fell. I told the guy how great it is when they fall and about 3,000 pounds of judgement came crashing right on top of me. Being that I didn't know anyone at this party -- I'll explain later -- I felt like I better fix this. So I said, "It's great when they fall, because that's when you really see how good they are. See how he just picks up and gets right back in to the routine. If I fell, I'd sit on the ice and cry. But not these guys, they are such (prepare yourself for the word) athletes."

It gets better. This woman at work -- the gift buyer that insists we all contribute $10 everytime some lonely fuck has a bowel movement -- got in a car accident on her way home on Monday. (The irony is that she normally takes the bus.) Well, they might as well drape the windows in black and sit shiva in the conference room. I guess I would be more sympathetic if this wasn't the fourth time she's been to the hospital since I started here.

No comments: