Friday, February 17, 2006

Can you roll me over, please, I can't see out the window?

Radio commericials are the funniest things ever. Not intentionally funny. I haven't heard an intentionally funny spot since I worked for Sarley Bigg & Bedder. More like witty little commentaries on how pathetic American culture has gotten.

For example, there's Rent-a-Wheel. Much like rent-to-own furniture which we maligned as children as the last resort of those too poor to care. My aunt's house was full of RTO furniture. It's really nothing more than buying furniture on credit--with FREAKISHLY high interest rates. Well now, "if you've got bad credit or no credit, or have a hard time paying your bills, you can have those cherry rims you've always wanted." I'm not trying to judge you but if you can't pay your bills, maybe $2,000 rims on your beat-up Nissan Sentra isn't what it'll take to make you happy.Image hosting by Photobucket

This morning, I heard the best. In a commerical advertising some big appliance sale, they had a woman going through a littany of reasons why she needs to upgrade ALL of her kitchen appliances at once. The best: "The dishwasher is so loud I can't hear the TV."

How lazy do we have to be to be upset that the machine we created so we don't have to work interferes with our sitting on our ass staring at the machine we created so we don't have to read books?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All god Points

Byron