Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Mardi Gras Here I Come

Image hosting by Photobucket


I'm leaving on a jet plane at midnight tonight. I'll wake up in Dallas, Texas... heaven forbid. A few hours later I will be back in a blue state -- kind of. At least they have Democrats in Louisiana.

This weekend is my Big Easy debut! A city built for me apparently. Actually, I won't be in New Orleans, probably, at all. I'll be across Lake Pontchatrain in Mandeville, Louisiana, home of one of the largest Mardi Gras parades outside of New Orleans... and David Duke.

I'm riding with my dad and brothers in the Original Krewe of Orpheus. (Was there some sort of float decorator revenge, mandating a homosexual in every parade or else they'd strike?) I ordered my beads and costume and will be making Jell-O shots all day on Thursday. Friday, well, I'll be drunk out of my mind. Many of you will probably get a call or two from me, knowing how I am prone to drunk dialing.

I will likely see more boobies than I ever wanted to and probably not nearly enough of that c-word... not the nasty one, the other one. So, Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

No comments: