Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Pity Party

Image hosting by Photobucket I got an email last week from a vendor at work. I've known her for years because we used her at my last job, too. Apparently, after nearly 4 years, she doesn't think very highly of me because she invited me to a Valentines Day Singles Party that she -- AND HER PARTNER -- were hosting for the gays.

Important Note: She was hosting the party to raise money and awareness for the Trevor Project, which is a really cool organization that works to prevent teenage suicide by gay and lesbian kids. Noble cause. I like 'em. Let's roll!

Oh, lord! This was sad. There were a couple of interesting people. The guy who busted me making fun of the ice skaters was decent enough, even if he's old enough to be my father. Oh, yeah. Nearly everyone was old enough to be my father.

I've been told I have an "old" soul, or that I am mature for my age. Which is actually quite funny because most of my longtime friends actually consider me quite immature. Go figure! However old my soul is, my ass is 27! Do that math people. If you lived the Johnson administration, rather than studied it in school, you are probably too old for me.

My favorite of the night was this guy who seemed friendly enough. He was eavesdropping on a conversation I was having with some woman from Venice. We were talking about living near the beach. He lives in Playa del Rey, too! Apparently, he lives there because he "was kicked out of West Hollywood for not being gay enough."

That's such a tired line. I hate when uninteresting or unattractive people insist that they are alone because they aren't "gay enough." If you have a dick and you suck dick you are gay enough for about 98% of the 'mos in West Hollywood. He thinks because he's 300 pounds, he's not "gay enough."

I don't live in West Hollywood, mostly because I don't like city livin'. I like it a little more quiet at home. Oh, and because I'm poor. Okay, mostly because I'm poor. And I love my alternative gay hangouts as much as the next westsider. I do know, however, that most people who reject "West Hollywood," whether the metaphysical place of the neighborhood bordering West Hollywood adjacent, do so because they reject themselves. This guy is probably unhappy with himself, with the image he created but it's easier to blame a faceless-ideal then look inside.

Buddy, I hope one day you find someone who will love you. If you don't want to change, than don't. But understand that while most of us don't demand the six-pack abs and the ass-o-steel, we do want someone who cares for themselves and likes themselves. Work on it.

1 comment:

Damian said...

My God but that is a disturbing picture. It looks like they ate West Hollywood.