Friday, March 24, 2006

Brian, 1; Crazy Nut Jobs, 0

Image hosting by Photobucket


No, Damian, you didn't win your war on ID fat photos. I'm not giving up the porker pictures. I just had a great victory today... and when you Google "Fat, victory" that's what you get.

You've may have heard that I don't necessarily love my co-workers.

See:
Fat Girls and Hats
Today's "What the F#%$?" Moment Brought to You By:
Looking to score some pot... luck!
Being a Jack Ass is Hard Work
Entitle-whosit
Christmas Comes But Once a Year...

Rest assured, there is no love lost on me either. These people hate me.

This week, they -- the Evil Empire led by the Pity Queen, our accident girl -- sent one of the unpaid interns around to collect money for Boss Lady's birthday present.

a) I don't believe in office collections. If the company can't pay for it then it shouldn't be done. It's not fair to ask employees -- especially our underpaid staff -- to chip in for things.
b) Everyone at work gets a present, a $25 gift card to Borders. It might be silly, but it's fair.
c) The boss, the one making the most, deserves the least! Remember, I'm a Democrat. Don't tax the poor to provide for the rich.

Clearly, the Pity Queen started this just to kiss up to Boss Lady. It's so much easier to kiss up rather than just do your job, right?

I refused to participate, which was a little awkward for the intern who was used to everyone just throwing in $10 whenever she came around. I gave up the collections a year ago when we collected $150 for the daughter of our accountant who had a baby. We gave this woman who most of us had never met who happened to be related to one of our vendors $150 in cash! I don't think so. I barely like to encourage those I know who spawn, why would I payoff a stranger?

Well, there's been a great victory. I led an uprising and about 3 other people refused to participate. Today, Pity Queen went around refunding everyone else's contribution because not enough people participated.

Hopefully, the collections have ended and I can focus my energy on killing the pot luck.

No comments: