Thursday, March 09, 2006

What did you do today?

I'm 27 years old. I've wasted nearly every day recently trying to figure out what I want out of life. My job bores the shit out of me. I have litte confidence in the work we do. I am barely proud of it.

Image hosting by PhotobucketAnd then I read crap like this. Did you know that the woman who argue Roe v. Wade before the United States Supreme Court was only 27 years old? Do you know how she ended up with the case? She was a woman lawyer in Texas in the late 60s. No firm would hire her. So she went to work doing some work with the poor and disadvantaged. When Norma McCorvey (more popularly known as Jane Roe) was prosecuted criminally for seeking an abortion, Sarah took on her case against all odds.

She challenged the Dallas DA, Henry Wade. She fought and fought and took the case all the way to the US Supreme Court. And she won. She was the first person to ever beat Henry Wade in court. She was the youngest lawyer ever to win a case before the Supreme Court. And, boy, look at the case she won! Probably the most famous Supreme Court case of the modern era, if not ever.

And she was 27. And no one would hire her. I guess there's hope for me.

Oh, and what happened to McCorvey? The bitch stabbed Sarah in the back and is now a crusader against abortion! Never trust a Texan.

No comments: