Monday, March 27, 2006

As Hip as I Wanna Be

Do you ever have one of those moments when you realize how old you are? Yesterday, when I was sitting at home sick, I was watching Real World. It occured to me that I am too old to be on the Real World. I was 13 years old when I first became obsessed with the show. Now, 14 years later, I'm too old to be on it.

I had another one of these moments this moring. I was listening to Kevin & Bean on the drive in this morning. Ralph was doing his Showbiz Report which he wraps up with celebrity birthdays -- perhaps the stupidest of all news! He announced the Fergie was 31 years old.

How in God's holy name can Fergie be only 31 years old? I think I was like 10 when Fergie gave birth to Beatrice... which I remember because Beatrice is/was also the name to a food company that ran a commericial right after the news report of Fergie giving birth. My head is full of weird crap.

After announcing Fergie's birthday, they played a moment with Lisa. The lovely Lisa May sharing poetry, a spoken-word reading of the Black-Eyed Peas, "My Humps."

It wasn't for another 30 seconds before I realized that it wasn't Fergie, Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York who is getting older -- in fact she's already quite old, she's 45 -- but rather the dumb blonde from the Black-Eyed Peas, who apparently, we are all supposed to hate.

Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: