Saturday, November 25, 2006

This Short Life

As should be expected, Thanksgiving weekend involves shopping, relaxation, too much family, and Christmas decorations. My house hasn't gotten hit -- mostly because the most crafty roommate is traveling and the crack-head one is out the door this week -- but my brother's house isn't as lucky. We spent much of today decorating, including the exterior lights.

Brother's house is tall, 3 stories and gabled and all. After what seemed a few hours, we realized that the only adequate display would require a feat of great heights -- a trip to the upper roofs.

Of course, the sniveling bro decided that he was afraid of heights and wouldn't go out on the roof near the 3rd floor. Finally, I took the bull by the horns and took action. I crawled out the third story window on to the short and steep tiled roof to have the living shit scared out of me!

I've never been afraid of heights but it took me about 15 minutes that far up -- without a net or rope or much of anything to hold on to -- for me to totally give up! My heart was racing. My legs were weak. Apparently, I'm afraid of heights!

No comments: