Monday, November 20, 2006

Good News vs. Bad News

How do you take your coffee?

Pretty much the same thing with news. My last post had a little cliffhanger attached to the end about my mood.
I had a job interview today. I hope I get the job. I also have a weird condition with my skin. I am extremely itchy, not sleeping it's so bad, but you can't see anything on my skin: no redness, no dryness, no scaling. The itching is painful and burning. This is my problem. I'll go to the doctor and hopefully things will be okay. Hopefully, I'll get the job. I even have a date tomorrow.

La vie boheme!
Well, I didn't get the job. I know. It's Monday and I've already heard back from them. Crazy shit! They called me on Saturday and gave me the nicest rejection possible. They are my new heroes. That's how I want to treat people from now on, honestly but kindly.

The skin stuff isn't a whole lot better. My sister-in-law suggested an anti-histmine and that doesn't seem to have solved the problem so I'm off to the doctor this week. It's made a little worse by the fact that I looked like a contestant in Fight Club. I fell down the stairs of the diveboat yesterday and am all black and blue and in a lot of pain. But, how do you take your coffee? How about with three spoonfulls of awesome diving with great visibility, some fun challenges and an enthusiastic class of students that brings tears to your eyes? Yep, even with the fall down the stairs, the day was amazing!

And the date? Awesome. Really swell guy with a lot to say. We did some fun things, but that's for another time. Everything happens for a reason. It may not be easy but you're almost always better for it.

This week's edition of This American Life told the story of a famous, popular, and successful evangelical Christian minister who had a change of heart and opened his mind to the "Gospel of Inclusion." He lost his pastors, most of his congregation, nearly all of his success, but he saved his soul. It was an inspiring hour that awoken the faith inside me. Check it out.

2 comments:

d-town said...

i feel you with the skin stuff. i have psoriasis, it blows. it doesn't sound like that, though.

thumbs up on the date. i met a cute guy, the other weekend. turns out he's a 22-year-old college dropout flight attendant. granted, he dropped out from brown, but still. we've been out once, and it went as well as to be expected.

good luck!

Anonymous said...

I had an awesome date that day too! With a scuba instructor/do-gooder.

He took me to a marsh.

It was so romantic!

I only wish I kissed him on the beach.