Wednesday, April 19, 2006

If Life Gives You Lemons...

...throw them back at the bitch so hard she regrets waking up in the morning. Keep your fucking lemons you stupid whore!

Last week, a good friend of mine died. If you know me well, you know I don't really like old people. (I'm in a bit of a pickly in that my parents -- that unlike many people I know, I really enjoy being around -- are getting old themselves. Do I issue them a single exemption or do I reevaluate my hatred of old people?) My friend was a little old. She was 69.

I knew her from the Democratic Party. You would have loved her. Every fag did, at least. She was like an Eastern European Drag Queen. Dear Roberta.

When I heard she died, I learned it in an email from another friend. I wrote my thoughts down and shared them with him. I also shared them with another good friend, who added it to the blog of the San Fernando Valley Young Dems. Then it spread like Chris' herpes.

Next thing I know, I get a call from someone who read it in the newspaper. Okay, the Daily News, but they print on newsprint, so it's almost a paper.

The kicker, they published it as "Special to the Daily News." They didn't ask me if they could publish it. They never spoke to me about it. They just took my personal thoughts and feelings, claimed it as theirs and published it all "special" like.

Oh well.

Image hosting by Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A week of no blog posts and now I've got herpes??? Well, now I don't feel so bad about writing your phone number all over the bathroom walls of Gold Coast and Motherlode, hehe. Err, I mean that I sent someone to do my dirty work at those places.

Brian said...

Ha Ha! Chris hangs out at the Goldcoast! Ha Ha!

I know a number of Chrises... many who would be much more likely than you to have Herpes, but now everyone -- that means you Damian -- will think that you are the Chris with herpes.

Hope you can forgive me for the week sans posts. I did good today though, right?

Rick Andreoli said...

Okay, the opening line cracked me up! You funny! But the bio is so touching as well. Love old people. They're good for fodder.

Damian said...

I've always thought of you as special.