Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Americans Are Stupid!

Image hosting by Photobucket


Look at the picture above and tell me if you notice something upsetting. Can't see it. Click on the picture and look at the page from the American Idol website and see if you notice it.

Still don't get it? Well, I thought that the order seemed random. I remembered hearing on KROQ that Katherine McPhee -- who inspires McPhever in countless creepy old breeders -- was in the final three last week, or two weeks ago, or who-really-cares ago. I was looking for her on the page. I quickly found Melissa McGhee, so Katherine McPhee should be right next to her right? Nope.

What crazy order did they use to decide how to put these people on the page? Logic and fairness would dictate putting them on the page alphabetically. Maybe their agents did a bidding war. Then I realized that they are, in fact, in alphabetical order... BY FIRST NAME!

Did the web designer fail 3rd grade? Has he never been to a fucking library? Since when do you alphabetize by first name?

Granted, my cell phone is alphabetized by first name... because I don't include last names mostly. (Thus why Allen and Bob get drunk dialed all the time but Whitney and Will escape my slurred profanities in the wee hours of the morning.)

I wonder if they are in this order because the designer thought you are supposed to use first names for alphabetical order, or did they strategically choose to do it this way for the stupid American Idol viewer?

The world may never know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame Mandisa got voted off last night. Her name reminded me of Mangina. When Ryan would announce her, it was the only time I didn't fast forward through his annoying musings (Hallelujah TiVo!). God Bless Mangina and its fans!..I mean Mandisa

Anonymous said...

Only a shame that you don't get to hear Ryan enthusiastically introduce Mangina every week.

Maybe now she can take her jesus blessings to Whitney's bathroom???

anna said...

Brian I think you may be on to something. The fella and I can't miss AI but I'd like to think we'd know to look for names in the correct alphabetical order. Who knows, maybe it's all part of this new grammar for the internet age. U know?