Thursday, May 03, 2007

Debauchery?

When I was in Sunday school as a child -- which is kind of a story telling device, since I have few "Sunday school" memories because I went to a Catholic school in kindergarten and above and needn't attend Sunday school -- I never imagined at 28 years old I would be up until 3:30 AM on a Wednesday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


But that's the case! Having a large group of childless friends only leads to trouble. I guess this is what being a young gay professional cosmopolitan is supposed to be all about: Thursday morning hangovers nursed with sleeping in and obscene amounts of coffee. And there's 2 more days left to this week!

I'd share photos from last night's Chamber Evening Dinner (a fundraiser for the Hyperbaric Chamber -- an emergency care facility for SCUBA divers -- and not an uptight social of business-minded Republicans) but in my drunken haze, stumbling from Tai's car at 2:30 AM, I apparently left my camera behind. Maybe tonight.

I must be making an amazing impression on my new boss. 1) I called in sick on his first day. (And I was actually sick. You all should know by now how much it pains me to use a "sick day" on an actual illness!) 2) I wandered in in a daze this morning. 3) I desperately want a new job because I got screwed on vacation time. Assholes.

Although, the new bossman is promising. I've worked for 4 women and 2 men. All 4 women were nightmare. The men: amazing creative professional relationships in which I felt productive and mature.

Back to my coffee... and Thailand photos.

No comments: