Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Huh? What? "I was wrong"???

Today, I am supporting John Edwards for President in 2008. Now, it's May 2007, so I am entitled to change my mind. But, today, I'm an Edwards man.

I like John Edwards for a lot of reasons. I understand and appreciate his story of two Americas. I am inspired by his personality. I love that he seems to care about poverty and understand how it is the root to many of our other problems: poor education, crime, family dysfunction, violence, drugs, etc.

Even more than anything though, I like that he will take bold positions and acknowledge when he's wrong, something politicians like Bush and Clinton would never do. Having a leader who understand accountability and leadership is invaluable.



He voted for the war, and he understands that vote was wrong. From that point forward, he's ready to fix his mistake, unlike our current commander-in-chief.

He will say, "I was wrong."

Maybe one day, I'll do the same.

No comments: