Monday, April 30, 2007

Concerned for your entertainment, I decided to steal a video for you from my friend JenMac. She's one of the most creative people I know, and in preparation for turning 30, she's keeping a blog of new things -- she's doing one new thing every day of her 29th to 30th transition year. While I was gone, she taught herself the Italian National Anthem and sang it... for you!


Okay, I have officially devolved into a post-adolescent video-making YouTuber. What fun! If I were 13, I'd be the hit of junior high. Or, people would still hide my gym shorts and call me Starvin Marvin. Whatever. At the suggestion of my birthdaying friend LeMar, I decided to learn and sing a national anthem I don't know. He suggested Denmark's, but I'm completely unfamiliar with the language, and couldn't find a phonetic pronunciation guide to help me not butcher it. So I learned and sang the Italian national anthem. It's fun! I can see why Italians love soccer so much! I did try to memorize it, but that would have resulted in my butchering the language more than I probably did (but less than I would have destroyed Danish). So my space-stare in this vid is directed at the words. My voluntary twitch is directed at my too-long bangs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SMOOCHES.

Anonymous said...

I have decided that when we grow up, we are getting married.