Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Schadenfreude Wednesdays

I had a conversation on the way to work this morning with a friend of mine. It was funny, because he's a lot like me. We are fun people to be around, and I'd definitely say we can be nice. I mean, I'm fiercely loyal to my friends, and will do almost anything a friend asks. I take pride in that. However, I'm not the most sympathetic soul. When facing a tragedy, I might not be the first person to call. I tend to skate around that stuff. Please make note of that and don't expect much more from me.

For example, I have no sympathy for Jerry Falwell or Paul Wolfowitz. So let's celebrate Schadenfreude Wednesdays with these two poor souls!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"Falwell in Hell" Now, that's an idea I can get behind. When Jerry Falwell was committed to worm food, apparently some day this week, but I never saw it on the news, Fred Phelps' gang from the Westboro Baptist "Church" showed up to demonstrate. Apparently, Falwell was in cohoots with the gays! Besides "fucking us over" every chance he got, I wouldn't throw Falwell in with the gays. But "Kudos" to anyone who wants to make a joke out of Falwell's pitiful life.

Jerry the Fatass isn't the only Republican scold who is a little lonelier these days. It would seem that it's a good rule not to make your girlfriend look like the winner in this Miss American Nepotist contest. After losing his job at the World Bank because he helped get a sweet-cherry-pie promotion and raise for his girlfriend, Paul Wolfowitz has now lost his girlfriend, too!

It these stories got us up to the hump, coming down on this week is gonna have to be an awesome ride!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine put it really well: "Jerry Falwell died as he lived. Of heart failure."