Tuesday, May 15, 2007

SCUBA Kicks Ass

DSCN1972I LOVE SCUBA DIVING! Diving is the greatest way to spend a day. If I could, I'd go diving every day. Having just got back from vacation, I am still psyched about the idea of diving, and diving without students... just me and my dive buddies. In Thailand, I had the most awesome group. As a whole, we were probably the best of the four groups. We lucked out -- and by lucked out, I mean as soon as they mentioned we'd be diving in set groups all week, I immediately set about to make sure I had the best group I could pull together. Mostly, it meant not having people with scabies in our group, but it turned out well altogether.

As a first, I'm joining my dear friend JenMac in putting a video online. My friend BrianMac made the video on our last night dive in Thailand. He used his camera's video feature, so it's pretty simple. It's also short. It's just a video of our entry. Sounds like a silly thing to get excited about, but in all my diving, this video is a shot of my very first backward roll entry off an inflatable dinghy. Another interesting fact about this video: Because it was the last night dive of the trip, the novelty was wearing off so it's a pretty small group. A group so small that everyone in it was an instructor level diver... and Elie. Elie had just gotten certified... ON THIS TRIP! He had maybe 15 or 20 dives, all but 2 he had done in Thailand. It's fun to dive with an experienced group when you are used to diving with first-timers.



Because of this, I decided that I'm gonna go diving, all for fun, on Memorial Day. Wanna come?

No comments: