Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Easter.

I'm done with Lent. It sucks. I hate Lent. No more Lent. Let's get to the good stuff: Easter.

Easter is happy. Easter is alive. Easter is about starting over, mistakes be damned. Whether you are a Christian or not, Easter is for everyone. The Easter message is rich and wonderful, and the "characters" are inspiring models.

I'm ready for Easter. Bring on the Cadbury Creme Eggs and marshmallow Peeps (birds only, no bunnies).

This Easter, things will start new for me. I am in my late mid-twenties and about to roll into my early pre-thirties. I want good things. I want to start building my "house."

Not to get too churchy, but when Jesus dies, so dies sin. So goes the world's baggage. Tossing mine out the window right now. Jesus comes back to life anew and his first act is to gather together his friends and refocus everyone on their ultimate goal -- that's what I'm doing.

Big Eastery Happennings?

Well, Suzanne and Greg are coming back to Southern California. Nothing more exciting has happened for me in a long time. Suzanne is the single greatest person I know. For 14 years, she's been the most positive presence in my life. She's never hurt me. The only times I've ever been upset with her was when my selfish desire to spend time with her was conflicted with her loving nature on her too rare trips home. Southern California will be her home and those trips won't be limited anymore.

I will find answers in my relationships. If God can cleanse the world of sin in 3 days, I should be able to get my own house in order this Easter season. With my Lent-ignoring Easter headstart, my 40 days is stretching out to 56 days. I can do it.

And I need Peeps.

*For my less Jesusy friends and readers, I want to point out that I have not received any Passover Seder invitations yet. Hmmm... perplexing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great to have friends like Suzanne -- I have a few and they are comforting even if they make it obvious that I am sometimes an ass. Best of luck tossing out the baggage!