Monday, May 22, 2006

Rainy Mondays

This was a weird weekend. I didn't do anything extraordinary, although I'm extraordinarily tired. It is only made worse by the weath.

I got a lot of diving in this weekend and was teaching a big class of 7 students. I'll have the same 7 students next weekend. They are a pretty good class with 2 couples. I also met a gay, who was in my friend Amelia's class. It hit me. Being single can be very isolating -- a self-perpetuating cycle really. He was excited to learn about a project of mine, ScubaBoys.com, because he felt weird in his first class being single, gay, and not being certified with any friends while the rest of his class was coupled and straight. I guess I really need to get cracking on ScubaBoys then.

Even though I am very tired, I am also very happy. Maybe it was the new Caramel White Mocha that I discovered this morning at Tanner's. Or the fact that it was free because of my Buy-Ten-Get-One-Free card. (Thank you very much Tanner's for not becoming a cyncical bitch like Coffee Bean. Boooo coffee bean.) Or maybe it was because my first hour of work has been a parade of the ridiculous.

See, when I showed up at 8:30 this morning the place was empty. As a reader of this blog, you probably know that I love that! Starting from 9:30 on everyone started trickling in (word choice is my tribute to the weather). When I am late I just say, "Oops. I'm late. Deal with it." But not these people. They all have to have excuses like, "Gosh, it's raining. I am totally shocked at how horrible the traffic is." Yeah, cause bad traffic on a rainy day in Southern California is such a surprise.

1 comment:

Rick Andreoli said...

The irony, of course, is that if your co-workers hadn't come in at all you probably would have had a splendidly wonderful day. I love working from the office with no one around. It's calming.