Tuesday, May 16, 2006

He's Starting to Get It

My friend know that my oldest brother moved to LA a few months ago. This is the first time in more than 17 years that we've really lived in the same city. This is exciting for me because both my brothers are kind of heroes of mine. I mean, they aren't as smart as me, or as good looking, or as funny and likable as I am, but they are neat guys. Really, I should be their hero. I probably am.

My oldest brother is a little bit of a muckraker. He'll same some of the most outlandish things just to get under people's skin. Unfortunately, his claims of being a Republican aren't just about getting under my skin -- although it does!

Every family has to have one I guess. We have two.

Today, we were talking about unemployment insurance and a fat cow we know of that is gaming the system. Unfortunately, California's assinine unemployment system allows you to collect unemployment when you quit your job to relocate -- even if it was entirely your own personal choice to quit.

In our conversation, my brother mentioned how there are "illegal aliens working hard and paying taxes and they'll never see a penny of it in a refund and this fat bitch is skimming of the government dime." You may not catch the subtle argument that made me so proud. It was the part about immigrants working hard and paying taxes. They do. And just as my brother, the red blooded Republican from the South says, they'll likely not see much in return because they want to avoid the prying eyes of la migra.

I can't imagine where he possibly picked up such an enlightened argument, but he couldn't be any more right. Kick the fat bitch to the curb! Si, se puede!

No comments: