Saturday, May 20, 2006

How Brian Votes

for several years now, I've been asked for insight into elections -- who am I voting for and why? I guess I'm just the biggest geek among my friends... a king among kings so to speak. I have exciting news.

Brian’s Big Voter Guide is ready for its 2006 edition. This is an important year for Californians, and therefore I’ve decided to publish my picks – and the reasons behind them – for the primary election this June. Of course, I’m a Democrat and all my partisan recommendations will fall in the Democratic races. To my Republicans friends, both of you will need to confer with each other and decide how to vote. Fortunately for you, the California GOP has done an amazing job at eliminating that whole democratic process and will only be nominating one candidate in most races.

This issue of the Big Voter Guide is a little slim on initiatives as well. We’ve been spared doing the legislature’s job this cycle and only have two relatively uncontroversial propositions – until you read my take.

I will post my recommendations one at a time. Feel free to comment.

To download the full version of Brian's Big Voter Guide 2006, click here! The voter guide is a PDF document with all of my recommendations and explanations. (This file hosting program, Savefile, is a bit clunky. Anyone know of a better one?)

No comments: