Monday, May 15, 2006

Busy as a Bee-otch

Today was a rough day. I worked almost non-stop for the whole day -- including over an hour of overtime! I'll confess to about a 10 minute conversation with the friend (Hey Mo') but that was it. Work work work.

Why was I so busy? Because I am planning our big fundraising luncheon for this Thursday -- which meant a lot of one on one time with the bosslady. She's the worst decision maker ever. Thank god I just do what I want anyway.

We spent over 30 minutes trying to seat our staff at various tables. I really think it'd be great if we had a staff that was sprinkled through the room so they could talk with the guests about the work that they do. I really think people would be impressed... and then I remember that we are talking about our actual staff and not people who are competent, coherrent and literate.

The conclusion we reached: throw all the staff onto two tables tucked far away in the corner. If anyone asks, they are drunk homeless clients here to sing our praises. Pretty pathetic really.

No comments: