Friday, May 12, 2006

10 Years Gone

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So, this June is the tenth anniversary of High School graduation. Really, this should barely be a blip on the screen of life. For those of us with goals, ambition and the tiniest bit of smarts, the high school graduation doesn't mean a whole lot. Afterall, I went on to another 4 years of school, left my home. Got a life. Arguably.

But, we all must face the ten year high school reunion at some point. Do you go or do you not? Out of morbid curiosity, I might go. It might also be fun to bring a boy, too. I wasn't out in high school and I'm not from the most progressive part of Southern California. It's what a lot you might call "rednecky." This is evidenced just by scrolling through my high school alumni page on MySpace. Everyone seems to have country music playing on their page. I actually like country, but they aren't playing Kenny Chesney, if you catch my drift.

So this is what I love. I've heard a number of people complain about the price. The tickets are $95 a person. Okay, that's not nothing, but for those of us with jobs and lives, those of us that live a moderately cosmopolitan life, you know as well as I do that $95 is no big deal. The other night, I easily eat practically $95 worth of sushi.

Someone on the MySpace message board actually suggested that $95 should include an open bar. Otherwise, she ain't going. Well, Stephanie, we'll miss you, your trash husband and your Fetal Alcohol Syndrome rugrats!

UPDATE: Okay, I feel like you deserve to know more about Stephanie the Complainer. She doesn't want to pay the $95. I wonder who the hell she actually is. Well, this is her "About Me" on MySpace...
I am happily married to my Highschool sweetheart. Most of you know Jeff aka "Chonce" from our graduating class. Yes we actually made it through and had two great kids along the way. We have been married for 4 years. We are lucky to have a son & daughter, so we are offically done having kids (thank God that is over with). Kaitlyn age 7 and Tyler age 3. We are currently living in the Santa Clarita Valley. We both work Full-time and support our childrens Daycare Habits. :) For those of you who work and have kids know what I'm talking about. Jeff would be would be out riding his dirtbike every weekend if time permitted. For me I like to hang out and scrapbook in my free-time. My sister just recently had a baby so I am enjoying being an Aunt.
Do we start with her 4 year marriage and 7 year old daughter? Or scrapbooking compulsion?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, hilarious (and i feel your pain)!!