Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I feel like I'm living in after-school special today. For several days, I've been procrastinating on pulling together this report for work. I figured I could BS my way through a few delays and inquiries by the uppity-ups.

I got an early start on the day today because today I was gonna write like a rockstar. To prepare myself, I didn't take a sleeping pill last night -- the first since my doctor gave me the prescription in mid-December to help me sleep through the itching. (It's not really a sleeping pill. Apparently, it's anxiety medication that has a lovely sleepy side-affect.) I was going to do amazing work today.

I sit down at my computer and I can't focus. Literally. My contacts have been a little screwy lately and today it's really bad. I didn't bring glasses as a back-up. I can barely read this post, and that's after I've changed my display settings up to 800 x 600 on a 19" monitor. My computer looks like one of those kiddie computers, a modern "Speak & Spell."

The moral of the story is clearly that if you are going to put off work for a week, have lasik in the morning.

No comments: