Friday, January 12, 2007

Why all the judgment?

It's Friday. Pizza Friday. Even though I always have work to do on Fridays -- because I put it off all week -- I often feel like Fridays are for play. So I troll around MySpace and stuff.

I find people I used to know. People my age. Often younger. I see pictures of their kids and I immediately think, "teenage sluts."

I am 28. I could have attended college, met a girl, graduated, got a job, got married and have a 6 or 7 year old child. I forget that sometimes.

Shit. A 6 year old kid? At my age?

1 comment:

d-town said...

i know a girl only a year older than me (daughter of my parents' friends, though we're not very close) who got pregnant at my junior (her senior) prom (well, that night!), got married immediately after high school (and still is to the same guy), and they have an almost TWELVE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!!! now that freaks me out.

it also freaks me out that by the time i am 40 i could conceivably find people attractive who are old enough to be my child. kind of like that reno 911 episode where dangle has the hots for his own newly-found son.