Monday, January 08, 2007

Nobody Walks In LA

Our good friends at Metro (formerly the MTA, and before that the Rapid Transit District (RTD) -- quickly realizing that "rapid" was an offensive misnomer.) run a fun little software program on their web site that allows you to map out routes using public transportation. It's how I get lunch downtown when I decide to venture from my hole.

Occassionally, I consider commuting to work on the Metro bus system, especially when I get behind in my reading. Today, when trying to figure out how I would get to work, their web site's new feature scared the crap out of my CHEAP ass self!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


My average daily commute costs me almost $20 in gas, wear and tear on my car, and associated costs of driving (insurance, registration, etc.). I need to do something about this.

Then I am reminded that the only bus route that Metro.net will map out for me involves me either walking or driving more than 5 miles around Marina del Rey!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The computer can't handle the concept of water.

Fortunately, I can always call 1-800-COMMUTE and talk with the always helpful Metro employees. Try it. Call for LA County. "We're sorry. Your call can not be completed."

No comments: