Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Against my better judgement...

I'm going to vent on this email I got in the parade of emails and text messages on Christmas. I know I shouldn't blog about real people that I encounter in my real life because odds are good that they will find out about how much they annoy me, but this guy kind of deserves it and I'm entitled to a few freebies.

Someone I know, unforuntately, very well is not a Godly person. He is not that spiritual (in my opinion) and certainly is not religious. His family isn't. I doubt many friends are. And yet he sends this innane email:
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today. And I'm sorry if I
offended the Jews among you, but you know what I'm trying to say.
Peace and Love always,

If you don't care about your non-Christian or non-Christmas-celebrating friends enough to self-censor a gratuitous mass email, maybe you shouldn't send along Christmas wishes to anyone? Would it kill you to pull out the non-Christmas-celebrating friends and send them a different, lame, two-line email? Or even better, spend 15 mintues dropping 2 personal sentences to each of your friends? And since he didn't have the consideration to BCC the email, I know that it only went out to 28 people. How difficult would that have been?

I just have to know.

No comments: