Monday, August 14, 2006

A Leafy Time

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI get word that the gentleman friend has lost more than 10 pounds of fat and is bulking up in the 24-hour on-board gym. I hit crisis mode. I have 6 weeks to shape up. Last week I did a number of lonely trips to the gym. Now, what about that diet.

I don't believe in "dieting," but learned in my massive weight loss of 2005 to pay close attention to my "diet." That's what I need to do.

Saturday morning I rolled out of bed and hit the pool for scuba class. Teaching scuba is a pretty good work out. Typically, I'm starving by the time I hit the classroom portion. This Saturday, I decided to teach straight through. I wrapped up about 3:00 and need nosh real bad like. Panda Express? In-N-Out?

Gentleman friend's new lean exterior and posterior quickly came to mind. Crap. Something healthy.

For months I've driven past this place, Leaf Cuisine, on Washington Boulevard. They feature, get this, Organic Kosher Vegan Raw Food. This means everything is served is grown naturally, supervised by hippie Jews who haven't learned about fire yet. Sounds like a treat.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI had the Bedouin Burrito. Thank god for Star Wars, other wise I would have ordered a "Bed-doon" Burrito rather than the "Bed-oo-win" Burrito that I really wanted. It was some yummy hummusy like substance with some bean, sprouts and tomatoes rolled in big leafy collard greens.

It was good.

No, Amy, seriously, good.

Except for the crowd. How many deordorant-fearful, bra-less hippie chicks can you cram into a Culver City restaurant? Apparently, like 15.

They were the "faux hippie" type of braless though. You know, the ones that live in Silverlake because its cool and "work" in graphic design. Not the trailer trash Whiskey Tango Braless that was once the queen of pop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um really? It was actually good..... ? not like Double stuff oreo good right? Yum. cookies.

Anonymous said...

I want you so bad I'm in severe physical pain. I create these hatefull little characters to exact revenge against you in my mind, but it never works. I still want you just as badly even after I've spent countless hours building these blog and myspace menageries of fictional people. No help at all to quell my obsessive aching love and lust for you.