Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Perspective People, Perspective!

First, I apologize for the blog diarhea of recent. It seems I'm getting the bug, writing multiple posts in a day and then making you wait for days for the next post. I'll try better to spread them out.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI've been in a slump recently. I've found ways to deal with it and, honestly, I'm really happy when I take the few seconds to put everything in perspective. Oh, and when I shave my head. This weekend, taking a hint from all the great woman-scorned movie cliches, I locked myself in the bathroom, blasted the stereo and shaved my head. It really was quite therapeutic.

I used to have a friend -- maybe for a future post -- who would talk with me about perspective. It seems we had some friends who always seemed miserable. As in, the neighbors to their 3 bedroom townhouse at the beach always parked funny. Or, when they took their Lexus in to be serviced, the bill was $100 higher than expecting. We would say, "You really need a healthy perspective on your problems."

So, I'm sad. Reading funny stories cheers me up. Trolling the Internets for some funny stuff I come on this blog archive. This woman is really funny.

The archive is from 2002, so I wonder what's happened with her recently. So I go straight to the regular URL.

She hasn't updated it in a year. But from reading it, you might be able to figure out why. There's a good chance my new friend Natalie is in prison. For up to three years. Oh, and her husband left her leaving her and her three kids -- one of them under 5 -- homeless. I guess she was living with her dad for a while, but she eventually had to leave. Oh, and she had to take a job in constuction.

Really, it puts things in perspective. Makes me feel a lot better about my own lot. I still have awesome friends (I even get to see Jen Mac in a few days), a fantastic hobby, a killer house, and, well, less hair. Hair grows back. Friends come home. It'll all be okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it blog diarrhea or have you been suffering from intermittent blog constipation?