Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Seperated at Birth?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


There is no doubt that I am tragically unhip. I listen to lame mixes on my iPod and NPR most times. I've only begun listening to Top 40 / Pop / Contemporary radio at work in the past 2 weeks. But I do know who Amy Winehouse. (Mostly because she apparently once shared a stage with Jay Brannan, which I uncovered when trying to learn more about Jay.) I've heard her song Rehab a lot, and I even like her.

But I'd never seen her until this past Sunday's MTV Movie Awards. I wouldn't typically watch something like the MTV Movie Awards, being tragically unhip and all, but Sarah Silverman was hosting and until there is a Sarah Silverman channel on cable -- or network TV -- I will continue to seek Sarah out where ever I can find her.

So, Amy Winehouse takes to the stage to perform her Rehab song... and I think it's a joke. I mean, obviously they dressed Sarah up, gave her a bad wig and bad eye make-up and are having her lip synch to the soulfoul singings of Amy, who is probably hiding back stage and will come from behind the curtain near the end to save her song. Except, it is, in fact, Amy Winehouse. Are these two women separated at birth? Do all Jewish women look the same? Am I so gay that I can't even tell the difference between two very different women?

The whole thing reminded me of the Garth Brooks / Chris Gaines fiasco mess of 1999. Remember that?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Amy Witry said...

Honestly--that Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines thing still creeps me out more than being stuck in an elevator.