Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Democracy Fails Again: An Excercise in Douchebaggery

I extolled my interest in Senator Hillary Clinton's Campaign Theme Song contest. She had some really interesting choices, and I thought she was approaching the exercise with a lighthearted vigor that she seems to lack. And then the "Internet voter" came and took a massive dump on the whole thing.

She's still having fun with it, even making a funny Sopranos-inspired viral video to announce the winner. The campaign clearly had fun with this project, and was willing to spend a decent amount of money on it... and brought in the Big Dog. (Except, they didn't seem to post the video anywhere that I can pull down the code to embed it. Oops.)

And the winner is...


But close your ears first. And make sure you have an empty stomach. Somehow, somehow Celine Dion wins. She's friggin' French Canadian... and it's a love song. Ugh.

I hate democracy.

Check out my previous reporting on this project here and here.

No comments: