Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Fun Game

In the movie Breach, the Ryan Phillippe character is asked by his new boss to tell him three things, one of them not true. I think this is a fun game.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket1) When I was little, and my oldest brother had his driver's license, I would go with my brothers to the driving range after school and watch them hit balls. One day, when I was messing around, I got nailed in the face with a nine iron. I was bleeding really badly from my mouth, but the owner of the pro-shop wouldn't let me in to use the restroom because I was bleeding. My brother didn't care and took me in anyway. I think of this story about once a month for some unknown reason.

2) If I had been born a girl, my name would most likely have been Meaghan. (I'm guessing on the spelling, and applying a more Irish spelling of the name.) It's weird because I've only known 2 "Meaghans" (or Megans, or Meagans) in my life. One lived near me when I was a young child -- and she walked in on me peeing when I was about 7 years old -- and the other was a large girl I went to Junior High and High School with. Since then, I've always thought Meaghan was a "fat girl's name." Apparently, my folks were torn between Brian and Andrew and I was born and settled with Brian. Ironically, I've never dated a "Brian" but have had several crushed on "Andrews."

3) I've never cheated on a test. In high school, I swung with a pretty gnarly crowd in Geometry class. They provided a lot of distractions, and led to the creation of the worst study group in the history of American high school education. I actually even went on to repeat a semester of Geometry, or rather, got moved into the 3 semester class instead of the 2 semester class I was on track for. Our Geometry group resorted to some low points, and I even created crib sheets for almost every test out of peer pressure. But I never used those crib sheets. I knew the rest of the group was cheating, and I pretended to cheat as well to fit in. This was one of the first group of friends I had that wasn't from "the smarter crowd" and I desperately wanted to fit in. It also wasn't exclusively female -- another draw for me -- but it turned out that the guys from the group would all go on to be homosexuals.

So, which isn't true?

I'm gonna pass this on to the other bloggers that I've actually chatted with, or that I know well. Maybe they'll do it, too.

UPDATE: Christopher points out that it was 4 things in the movie. My notoriously bad memory strikes again. I can only remember things years after they happen. However, I have decided to keep the post as-is, with only three things. This is easier for you.

Rick, Christopher, Jen, Taylor, Amy

1 comment:

Brian said...

Amy's guess:

"So I think that the lie is that your girl name would have been Megan. And I say this because you used the word "large girl" instead of "big girl" which is much more "Brian speak". Even though you did use fat girl in that story-I've never heard you say large girl so therfore that must be the fabricated story."