Thursday, February 01, 2007

My Big Gay TV

When I moved into my house, we had Comcast Cable. Of course, that wouldn't last long, and Comcast was bought by Time Warner. TW picked up all of LA's cable operations, buying Comcast and Adelphia. The past couple of months, we've had to adjust to the changes.

This week, TW re-ordered all the channels about 100. They moved things around by genre. Seems smart. Apparently, they also junked some channels and added new ones. I figured this change was gonna include the gay-oriented LOGO network. I was right.

We now have LOGO. What a disappointment. Last night I watched some mean, unfunny lesbian until I fell asleep. (She had some Comedy Central special at some time and LOGO loves to rerun shows from it's Viacom corporate cousins.) This morning, I turn on the TV expecting Diane Sawyer, my lovely little Republican Southern Beauty Queen mistress. Unfortunately, I left the telly on LOGO last night and instead of GMA, Dianne Sawyer and the dreamy Chris Cuomo, I get a documentary about unfunny lesbian comics -- including the one from midnight.

But here's what really bugs. There was a commercial for "natural male enhancement." Apparently, they now make a boner creme. Except the commercial featured a woman talking about getting "fulfilled" by her boy. The "NME" commercials on LOGO aren't smart enough to feature gay couples. That's bullshit!



See, in this video, you have the gay pop "sensation" Nemesis. They are twin brothers. They are gay. They were raised Jehovah's Witnesses. They have a reality show on LOGO. Their entire career is about being gay artists. And in their video they are rolling around with women.

That's bullshit.

I love you Dangerous Muse. At least you understand the whole fag thing.

No comments: