Thursday, February 22, 2007

All About Me

I've decided to change my MySpace profile again, but I like my current one, so I'm moving it here for posterity. Enjoy.

  1. I am 28 years old.
  2. I still don’t know what that should mean.
  3. I am college educated but think I made a mistake in picking my field.
  4. And my college.
  5. I like my job in theory.
  6. I hate it in practice.
  7. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
  8. If possible, I wouldn't mind being Jake Shears of the Scissor Sisters.Jake Shears
  9. Or, at the very least, Mrs. Jake Shears.
  10. I am gay and it’s important to me.
  11. I think that people that say “being gay is just a small part of who I am” are full of shit.
  12. I am a Democrat.
  13. I usually don’t trust Republicans.
  14. I don’t really trust Democrats, either.
  15. I never trust people who drink decaffenated coffee.
  16. I would vote for a person drinking decaf over a Republican any day.
  17. I would probably vote for a cup of decaf over a Republican any day.
  18. I think the United States of America is the greatest country on the planet.
  19. That doesn't mean it couldn't be better.
  20. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be better.
  21. I believe that if we are going to go to war, it should be felt by more than the unfortunate families who have sacrificed their soldiers.
  22. Voting is a good start.
  23. Voting Democratic is a better start.
  24. Voting is only a start.
  25. I love my family. They are the greatest influence on every decision I make. I can barely pick what cereal to have in the morning without first wondering if my father would approve.
  26. I believe in God.
  27. I don’t know if I have a “personal relationship” with him or if he even likes me very much.
  28. I think that the Church can be a very positive force for good in the world.
  29. I also believe that fire is a positive force for good, providing humans with heat and light, a way to stay warm in the winter, and cook food.
  30. I know that fire can be destructive and has ended many lives and hurt millions of people.
  31. Ditto on the Church.
  32. I think I'm a Christian Universalist. If you know what I mean by that, email me, we'll get a long great. If you also identify that way, even better. Give me a call.
  33. I love children but don’t know if I want my own.
  34. I used to think that gays and lesbians should only adopt, that it was better for the world.
  35. Then I met my first nephew. Six nieces and nephews later and I can understand that biological urge to have your own children.
  36. Six nieces and nephews later and I’m pretty sure I don’t want children.
  37. I’m pretty selfish.
  38. I’m selfish because I’m the youngest child in my family and have been single for almost my entire adulthood.
  39. I’ve never touched a woman’s bare breast.
  40. I saw a vagina for the first time in the kitchen at a Christmas Party.
  41. I believe vaginas are gross but necessary.
  42. I don’t support civil unions, even though I used to cheer every time some milquetoast Democrat said they supported them.
  43. I recognize, along with the Supreme Court, that separate is never equal.
  44. I couldn’t care less about clothes, most popular music or lines from movies.
  45. All most people want to talk about it seems are clothes, popular music or lines from movies.
  46. I don't like old people. They say weird things, smell funny, and freak me out.
  47. I'm terrified that my parents are becoming old people.
  48. I still love them more than anything in the world.
  49. Maybe there is hope for them.
  50. But not for guys who feature shirtless pics on MySpace. (ahem, Ben)








No comments: