Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Benefits of iPod Hell

It's 2006. I finally got an iPod. Go figure!

I've been using, and loving, iTunes for some time now. I like the format. I like the user interface. And, I actually like paying for things that I am using. Freak.

So, for my birthday, my folks got me an iPod. I thought it would be the most wonderful thing ever. No more burning CDs. I can just listen to all the fabulous songs that I've found.

The iPod-life isn't as grand as I imagined. I'm disappointed that you can't use it to "sync" multiple iTunes -- for example, making my work iTunes and my home iTunes the same. Don't even get me started on the crappy iTuner thingee that is supposed to tune my iPod into my car radio. LA has way too much radio clutter.

The benefit of these downsides? Today, I said, "Fuck it, I'm gonna listen to my new Scissor Sisters tracks if it kills me." So I've been sitting at my desk working, wearing earphones and rocking out to "Ta Dah".

And because I'm wearing earphones, no one wants to disturb me in my office. It's fabulous... a little forcefield to repel the idiocy that is my workplace.

I love my iPod.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!
i'm italian your blog is beautiful
i have got a blog:
www.superjuventus.blogspot.com
you go in my blog and you write a comment
by

AMY said...

nano? shuffle? video?

Anonymous said...

You cant sync them but there is a way you can update your ipod on one computer then update your list on the other. You can use up to 5 computers registered for your iPod. Check out the help function.
Tate