Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ayudame!

Ever have a really weird thing happen that you just need to tell someone?

I've been watching the diet a little, cutting out High Fructose Corn Syrup. Not because I need to lose weight or anything, we all know I'm pretty hot, but because that shit is whack! Seriously, read up on good ol' HFCS. ...but, sometimes, some mornings, you just need a little something. Mmmm... donuts!

I love donuts! I've loved them ever since I was a little kid and my dad would get up at 5:00 AM on the weekend to get to the donut shop before the pickings were slim. Today, I craved a donut and I knew I was gonna drive past a donut shop on the way in to work. So I pulled in to a parking lot full of day laborers.

PhotobucketThis seems like a weird place for them to gather. There's no hardware store nearby. It's a small shopping center with a liquor store and a donut shop, and that's about it. Strangely, the donut shop is exactly across the street from the LAPD's Pacific Divsion station house. But there they were. Eager to work. So eager, in fact, that when I pulled in to the lot in my pick-up truck, I got swarmed and one fella even jumped in to the bed of my truck. Don't go get donuts, driving a pick-up truck, in a parking lot full of day laborers.

They were very polite when I explained I just wanted donuts. The gentleman in the back got out, and they all returned to their exact spots, as if they were blocked by a stage director, and continued with their waiting.

Seriously, that's a story I can't keep to myself. And there's only one person I could call. He's always there for my crazy observations. Like the time the woman working at Barnes & Noble asked if I wanted to donate a book to school "lie-berry", I just had to call someone. (I did donate out of fear that another child would graduate from school thinking a library was called a "lie-berry.")

Thank you, Chris, for being there!

Oh, and I ended up not getting the donut. Donut shops in 2008 are sad, sad places.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

si se puede!