Sunday, March 16, 2008

8 Months.

If you were going to make a movie about my life, you could call it "8 Months." My life runs in 8 month cycles. Funny, because it's like elections, which often run about the same...

Every 8 months I start looking for ways to change things dramatically. New job. New friends. New home. I mean, I've had like 13 roommates in 10 years:

Peter - Mondo - Suzanne - George - Chris - Brad - Ethan - A Different Chris - Ron - Beth - Michelle - Jamie - Ben

I've lived in 8 places in 10 years, without really every venturing out of Los Angeles:

On Campus - Mar Vista - Studio City - Home Again - Burbank - North Hollywood - Hancock Park - Playa del Rey

I've had a good number of jobs that I don't even want to start on.

Wow. 8 months. That's like an old television season, if we still had television seasons.

So, at 8 months I get antsy for something. A few weeks ago, my brother innocently stirred things up in the family. Things seemed to have settled but I'm haunted by something my sister (in-law) said about how when things are going well, he shakes things up. Like we feed on chaos. My family life growing up was great -- no real complaints at all -- but it definately was chaotic. A house with 3 boys, an overworked father, a fiesty Irish momma; there's bound to be some chaos. Maybe it was mom's mood swings, or so much activity being shifted by school calendars, swim seasons, and family vacations, but I think my body -- not just my mind -- has become dependment on that chaos. Stability beware.

I'm tired. But still trying to think how to mix it up even though 2008 has me trapped!

3 comments:

joe*to*hell said...

does the 8 month game apply to your extracurricular life?????

Brian said...

hmmm... what is this extracurricular life you speak of... I think I've head of such things...

brian

joe*to*hell said...

well, ok. sex life. booty slappin.