Monday, February 25, 2008

Army of Lovers made me gay!

I think this video made me gay:



Eva -- my dive buddy and Eurotrash pop music dealer -- sent me this video today after I spent the weekend making a boat full of divers listen to this song, as sung by me!

I first saw this video in my freshman or sophomore year of high school. I was harboring some secret feelings that I hadn't told anyone. That's not easy for my personality type. It might be why I don't keep secrets well these days. Why not tell everyone, if I keep it in, maybe no one will ever know.

I was watching MTV at around 2:00 AM, back when they used to play music videos. When I couldn't sleep, or didn't want to sleep, I would stay up late and hope to catch something scandalous on television. This video was scandalous.

What was a young, closeted gay boy to do? Apparently, never forget the video and let it haunt my memory for about 15 years.

No comments: