Thursday, December 07, 2006

"Nobody (Takes the Bus) in LA"

I wanted a Robek's juice bad. Real bad-like. The only problem working downtown is that there aren't parking lots for any of the Robeks -- although there are like 3 Robeks downtown. Okay, another problem is that unlike most people who say they work downtown, I don't work among the glistening office towers that provide easy access to restuarants, shopping, and, of course, Robeks. I work about 2 miles east of that pristine wonderfulness in the midst of real live "crack hoes" and urine drenched sidewalks.

No parking. Urine drenched sidewalks. How will I ever get my Robek's? I could take the bus. It's a straight shot for about 5 minutes down 7th Street. I've done it before, even commuted by bus when I lived in my last house.

So, I get on right outside my office and get ready for a fun ride through Los Angeles' Skid Row -- one of the largest concentrations of homeless people in the Western world. And to my delight, the MTA has installed video screens on the bus.

Who would have thought that I would have been on a city bus in Skid Row breathing through my mouth when I would learn that Vaughniston was no more.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's a cruel, cruel world.

No comments: