Thursday, September 07, 2006

How do you know? UPDATED

I've always wondered about this but haven't gotten the balls to ask my folks yet: Do parents know when their kids are gay? And if so, how could they tell?



Newsflash to Mr. & Mrs. Allen: Young Mister Zachary is as gay as the day is long! Love him. Cherish him. Buy him something sparkely!

I wonder if my mom and dad knew, and if so, when? Did they hide it? Fear it? Ignore it?

I know my sister-in-law had some idea. I think Ted and her were the first to ask. I lied of course. Really, though, do you know who the first to ask was? Eric Goldberg. I am pretty sure we were in 9th grade. We used to talk on the phone a lot. After that day, not so much. I was a little scared. Time to move on.

Eric and Jerilyn would be to straights with a lot of insight. Eric lived with Chris for years and he's as gay, as well, Zachary Allen in the above film. (Just kidding, Chris!) And Jerilyn has dated more gay men then I have!

I imagine that it would have been easier if those in the know had just told me. Said, "Hey, it's cool. Be gay. Here's something sparkely." I guess I had to bring them around.

UPDATE: Oh, and this guy... GAY GAY GAY

No comments: