Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Who am I?

You probably know me if you are reading this. Probably because I begged you to read it. But, endulge me for the random "clicker through".

My name is Brian. I live in Los Angeles. Less than a block from the beach. I can smell the salt air from my bedroom. I love the water. It rules my life. When I am not chained to a desk against my will, I'm scuba diving, or swimming, or pretending I know how to surf, which really means standing in the sand in my new board shorts. I am a SCUBA instructor. That keeps me busy.

I also love politics. Always have. I've followed politics closely since I was about 14 years old. For the first 5 years of my poli-life, I thought I was a conservative Republican. I also thought I was straight. And that Santa Claus was real. Who am I kidding, I never thought I was straight. In college, I came out--as a liberal. The other coming out came much slower.

I've been engaged in liberal, and specifically Democratic, politics ever since. I have little patience for ultra-left parties and their absurdist philosophies. I've written tons on politics and had some published on paper. I've been involved with a number of Democratic clubs and movements. I even ran for elected partisan office in November 2004. In case you can't tell by reading this, I lost. But I did get well over 60,000 votes and about 40% of the total.

I am gay and single. That can change, or so the fundies in Tennessee tell me. (I really mean "the single.") I am Roman Catholic and attend Mass regularly. Recently, I spend most of my time at church cursing the Church. It deserves it. The Church is doing a LOT of stupid things. But where else can I get free wine and crackers on a Sunday night? So, I keep going. (And will until the wine stops flowing.)

I have 2 parents--Mom and Dad--that are still married. I have two brothers that are still married--but not to each other. Only one fag in this house! I have six neices and nephews (4 neices, 2 nephews) because my family is very symetrcial, each brother has 3 kids. I have no pets but my roommate has the coolest pit bull, Jimmy, ever--although our landlord thinks he is a "well behaved boxer."

No comments: