Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Um...Intelligent Design?

Okay, so I'm playing the blog thing again. I bet it can be fun!

I'm calling it Intelligent Design. It's a buzzword that I love more than Pumpkin Pie shakes at Jack in the Box. I love Pumpkin Pie shakes. I think they should bother me because, well, they are really just vanilla shakes with Pumpkin Pie ooze, or essence, or spooge, in them, but they are nearly as good as sucking the essence straight from the gourd.

Intelligent Design. Okay. That's some good marketing. Because, really, have you ever met anyone who you would consider intelligent advocating for intelligent design. I believe in God. I believe he must have played some role in this whole thing. But, come on, it's science people!

Intelligent Design. So, as a blog name, it's brilliant. See, what I write here, I would love to be considered science. You know, credible and all. People basing decades of studies on my ideas. It won't happen. But I'll give it this great name that sounds like science. See. See how well it works.

Plus, I love that for short, it's called ID. Flashback to Psychology 100--that I took in my junior year because really, I couldn't have cared less but I had to take it to graduate--and the Ego, Superego, and Id. The id is all that stuff that happens unconsciously, without thought. A lot of this will come out without much thought. (Oh, and really, Intelligent Design-ers, really, they don't think much either.)

So, come back and read more.

--bri

1 comment:

Damian said...

I'm all for intelligent design being taught in schools, but not in a science class. It should be taught in a "stupidity class," alongside such wonderous theories as "Anything I don't know ain't worth knowing!" "Hit your toe with a hammer and you'll forget about the headache!" and "Book learning's for pussies."